The purpose of this scholarship, sponsored by The American Legion, Department of Minnesota, is to provide financial assistance to students to further their education in any Minnesota University, College, Vocational School, or other accredited institution of higher education, or in states with Minnesota reciprocity.
All applicants must stem from a Minnesota American Legion Post. After Post completion and approval, applications should be sent to The American Legion Memorial Scholarship Committee. Further correspondence with applicants will be by that committee. The American Legion Memorial Scholarship Committee shall be composed of the Education and Scholarship Chairman as Chairperson, and the Executive Committee of the Department Americanism Committee. This committee will be responsible for the final selection of the successful applicants for scholarship awards. Scholarship winners will be selected sometime in the month of April.
You will not be notified if you do not receive this scholarship. All applications will be destroyed after selection.
There shall be no discrimination among applicants because of race, age, sex, or religion of the nominee.
The maximum scholarship award will be $500.00 for one year only.
The applicant must:
1. Be a child, grandchild, adopted child, or stepchild of an American Legion or American Legion Auxiliary member.
2. Be a High School graduate.
3. Be a student that shows qualities or initiative and desire.
4. Be a student that is loyal to his/her country.
5. Establish financial need.
1. High school or college transcript must be included.
2. Applicant should include a personal letter.
3. Applicant should include at least two (2) letters of recommendation.
4. An American Legion Post Official must sign application.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Application forms for the scholarship may be obtained from the Education and Scholarship Committee, The American Legion, Department of Minnesota, 20 West 12th Street, Room 300A, St. Paul, MN 55155.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 1, 2016.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE APPROVED AND RECOMMENDED BY A POST OF THE AMERICAN LEGION.
Please send completed scholarships to
The American Legion
20 West 12th Street, Room 300A,
St. Paul, MN 55155.
If you have any questions, please call 651-291-1800 or toll free at 866-259-9163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and forms are available through the above links. Additional information can be obtained by emailing Jennifer Kelley at email@example.com or calling (651) 291-1800.