MN American Legion Foundation Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship, sponsored by The American Legion, Department of Minnesota, is to provide financial assistance to students to further their education in any Minnesota University, College, Vocational School, or other accredited institution of higher education, or in states with Minnesota reciprocity.
Applicant must be a legal resident of the State of Minnesota and a citizen of the United States.
1. Applicant shall be a veteran, a child of a veteran or a grandchild of a veteran.
2. Applicant must meet the academic standards of the school he or she wishes to attend.
3. Applicant must have a good record of school and community citizenship.
4. Applicant must have the desire to pursue an education beyond high school.
BASIS OF SELECTION
Awards will be made on the basis of personal need with consideration given to the desire to continue education, ability to succeed, career to be pursued, and purpose for which scholarship is to be used. The decisions of the committee, composed of the members of the Education and Scholarship Committee or its duly appointed agents, will be final. Scholarship winners will be selected sometime in the month of April.
You will not be notified if you do not receive this scholarship. All applications will be destroyed after selection.
EXTENT OF AWARD
The maximum scholarship award is $500.00 and is for one year only, but application may be made for aid in succeeding years should no applications be received for first year studies. The $500.00 will be sent to the institution of the student's choice before the Fall Quarter/Semester.
1. High School transcript must be included (if applicant is a Veteran, no transcript is needed).
2. Applicant should include a personal letter.
3. Applicant should include at least two (2) letters of recommendation.
4. An American Legion Post Official must sign application.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Application forms for the scholarship may be obtained from the Education and Scholarship Committee:
The American Legion, Department of Minnesota
20 West 12th Street, Room 300A
St. Paul, Minnesota 55155-2000.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 1, 2016
Please send completed scholarships to
The American Legion
20 West 12th Street, Room 300A,
St. Paul, MN 55155.
If you have any questions, please call 651-291-1800 or toll free at 866-259-9163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and forms are available through the above links. Additional information can be obtained by emailing Jennifer Kelley at email@example.com or calling (651) 291-1800.